Thursday, May 26, 2011

Missing

It would appear that we have been missing. I can most assuredly say that we are all alive and well and happy. I've been neglecting the computer in exchange for more family time with Gary at night (he's home now!) and I have to get to bed earlier because our whole routine has changed. With Gary now working days, Monday-Friday, the girls go to YaYa's house 2-3 times a week, to Amanda's house twice a week and Granddad will watch them one day, some weeks. It has been quite an adjustment...getting up early, packing lunches, rushing to get ready and then in the evening trying to get dinner ready and still have time to spend doing fun things. I can't say we're great at it....but we are better than we were.
So much has been happening in the past few months! Mellie is walking! She really started moving around on May 2nd and is now fairly confident in her walking and even sort of running. It is the cutest thing to see her chubby legs walking down the side walk. Mellie had her first ear infection...first for either of them. Both girls are constantly covered in bruises and falling and running into things...I think they may have inherited my coordination. Maddy is now going down the slides at the park all by herself, dressing her self and picking out her clothes. She "helped" me plant some flowers and herbs and we look at the mommy bird every day. She is currently obsessed with Barney and when they sing at the end the whole family gets in a big hug and hugs and kisses (it's my favorite part of the night). Melanie is saying a lot but most of it I have no idea what she is saying. Maddy just is talking up a storm. She is also very eager to please and has become my little helper. Since they have been going to Amanda's and having the opportunity to hang out with many other kids, Maddy has really opened up socially. I am extremely proud of her.
I am missing my girls today. Can't wait to see them tonight!

1 comment: