Friday, November 5, 2010

Rest

I have been taking a bit of time away from the computer at night in order to force myself to get more than five hours of sleep a night. Lately I have been staying up late looking for clothes for the girls on ebay and fretting about Christmas and trying to get some sort of organization worked out in my ridiculously cluttered house. Oh and I have been obsessing over a new book series that I have started reading and can't seem to put down. So all of these factors (and the dishwasher being broken so spending 45 minutes a night hand washing dishes and bottles and work being very busy) have made for little sleep and a tired, sometimes cranky mommy. So this week I said forget the dishes every night and get into bed by 10 or 10:30. Read for no more than a half hour and go to sleep. It worked well for two nights. Then Wednesday night Maddy got up at 10:30pm and again at 1:30am. She went right to bed both times. Last night was a doozie. She was up almost every two hours. I would walk her back to bed, tuck her in and turn off her light (yep she can reach the light now) and it felt like she was instantly back at my bed saying "mommy" in that sweet little voice she has. God I love that child but again, sleepy mommy today. I know that there is a phase of not sleeping during the twos that a lot of moms struggle with for awhile. I'm hoping this phase goes away quickly. Mommy needs some sleep!
PS I forgot to mention that on Halloween I noticed that Mellie's top right 2nd from the middle tooth (got that?) has finally broken through! She is growing up too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment