Monday, October 4, 2010

Firsts

We have done a few firsts lately. We traveled to visit the in laws which is a three hour trip and it was the first time Melanie had been there. It was a good time. The girls were great during the car ride there. We left Friday (I took the day off) around lunch time. I wanted to leave earlier like we did for the beach but, well, you know. So anyhoo, we just ate in the car and Maddy seemed to like spreading her cheese sandwich crumbs (or cheese sam as she calls it) all around the car. Melanie was also wonderful and took a little cat nap. They both quickly warmed up to the family + John. We did have total melt down and whininess from both Friday night because neither really napped. I slept in the room with the two pack n plays so needless to say I didn't sleep much either. Saturday Maddy chased after the kitty cat and Dal-puppy. She was so animated and cute and VOCAL. It made me very proud. Mellie was her usual happy, bubbly, babbling self. Sunday's trip home was not so great. We were all tired after not sleeping in our own beds and we had to sit in a bit of traffic. I entertained them the last 20 minutes of the trip by giving Melanie a Ziploc bag filled with lunch trash (awesome) and gave Maddy a coke bottle with a drip left in it that she pretended to take sips from and put the cap on and off (double awesome). If anyone wants some of my eagerly sought after parenting tips please let me know!
Our other first was that someone who is not related to the girls watched them today. I had absolute confidence in Kelly and knew that she would do great. I've known her for awhile..we went to college together and she is a wonderful friend. That being said she hasn't seen them in a while thanks to her living in San Francisco and then traveling all through Europe...ahhh...I am definitely not jealous :) I told Maddy Sunday that Aunt Kelly would be watching her and she was very excited even though she didn't know who Kelly was. I was nervous. Not because I thought something would go wrong for the kids but because I know she was doing me a favor and I wanted my kids to be the good version of themselves so that she has fun and loves them. I don't know why I care about what other people think about my kids...it shouldn't matter but it does. Kelly said they were great and stuck to their schedules (yeah!) and when I got home I was greeted by two very happy little girls. Maddy was so amped up after Kelly left I thought I was going to have to wrestle her to the ground. We had a wonderful night and both girls went happily to sleep.
On another note, Maddy's speech has progressed like crazy! I can't believe all the things that she says. I will try and write a bunch down and fill you all in.


Thanks Kel! Here we are when Maddy was born.
This is from tonight. Maddy was so excited to wake Daddy up that she brought all of her animals and light into bed and laid with him while I did Melanie's bath. Here is my little family :)


No comments:

Post a Comment