Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bay continued



Now I actually have some time to write about our trip to the bay. YaYa took the girls down Friday during lunch so Maddy ate her sandwich in the car (I think). I met them after I got off of work. Both were happy to see me...Maddy especially. Apparently the poor thing thought I would be there when she got there. Anway, after dinner we went down to the bay to walk. Madison was very excited to see the bay and run in the sand. Unfortunately Melanie was not very happy so we didn't stay long which caused an almost temper tantrum from Maddy. Saturday just Maddy and I went down to the bay. I got her to pretend to swim and we threw shells into the water. She only lasted about 40 minutes, said "bye bay" and was heading up the stairs back to the house. I had to laugh at how quickly she was ready to go and was going. Katy and family came to visit after nap time and it was the first time in a long time that I was able to visit and hold a conversation with someone. Melanie and Maddy were both so mesmerized by the boys that I didn't need to give them much attention at all. We went for another walk that evening. Sunday all of the G girls were tired. I heard Mellie a few times in the night and Maddy cried several times (slept with the door open to hear Mellie and monitor for Maddy) so I was up often also. We stayed and ate lunch and then were home by nap time. It was a whirlwind trip but one I need to do more often.
My grandmother, Maw-as we affectionately call her, has always been there for all of us grandkids over the years. We lost my grandfather before either of my girls were born so they will never know him but I really want them to know Maw. This trip was the first time either of them went willingly to sit in her lap, played with her and smiled at her. It is very hard to travel with my girls and to tend to them on a less than full nights sleep but these connections I want them to make aren't going to do it themselves so I've got to suck it up and make it happen. I'm thinking we may be heading back in October ;)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment