Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thursday

Look out Mellie...Maddy is trying to rub your head. 

Trying to wake daddy up

Seriously? No more pics ma!
Today we are trying something new. I have been having the toughest time with Melanie at night. She starts fussing almost as soon as she walks in the door in the evening. She fusses through dinner and then basically cries at me, unless we go outside for a walk, until bath and then nap time. Tonight after dinner, we went outside to check on the plant and give it some water (more on that later). Melanie was not very happy outside and the mosquitoes were pretty bad so we came inside. She was fussy and crying almost immediately. So I went ahead and gave her her bottle. Then it was upstairs for bath and then right to sleep. She was probably in bed by 7:45 which is early for her...by about 45 minutes. So I am hoping that she doesn't get up early and this may become our nightly routine. Her going to bed early allowed Maddy and I some time together which was nice.
So our plant...it is a tomato plant that my co worker's parents started and then he brought some to work so I took one. I have never, EVER been able to keep any sort of plant alive. I thought it would be fun for Maddy and I to do this project together and take care of our plant. So we put it in a pot and she has been feeding it miracle grow pellets and watering it and amazingly we have had two tomatoes!! Oh, did I mention that I don't like tomatoes so honestly, why am I growing a tomato plant? I don't know. But it has been fun and I am now fantasizing about my lush and gorgeous garden full of tomatoes, squash, zucchini, potatoes, cucumbers, herbs and all sorts of things for next year. I should also mention that while I have managed to keep my tomato plant alive, I killed a hanging plant and the planter of plants out front of my house. So maybe I am bad a flowers but good at produce????
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment